Tonachino Firenze is a natural lime-based plaster which is used as a decorative wall covering system.
Tonachino Firenze™ is a natural lime-based plaster which is used as a decorative wall covering system. This modern version of an early Italian plaster can be used to create magnificent exterior and interior finishes. Its natural makeup allows the Firenze™ to replicate the authentic "Old-World" sand finish.
With a unique blend of natural ingredients, like slaked lime, river sands, and marble dust, along with polymer admixtures, Firenze ™ possesses suburb adhesion, durability, and water repellency.
• Surface should be smooth, clean and free of contamination.
• Interior new surface - Prime substrate with PVA acrylic primer and let it dry fully. Apply one coat of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™ allowing it 3-5 hours to dry.
• Prime substrate with multi-purpose primer and let it dry fully. Then apply one coat of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer ™ allowing it 3-5 hours to dry.
• Preparation of flat surfaces requires only the application of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™.
• Exterior Brown coat - First surface should be pressure washed and clean. When surface is fully dry, apply Meoded Quartz Primer™ diluted with 50% water. Let it dry at least 3-5 hours. To economize costs, it is recommended to apply a leveling coat using finer grain cement or acrylic base material over the brown coat to fill up low spots and create a flat surface.
Application: Use stainless steel trowel to apply Tonachino Firenze™.
First coat - Apply first coat in the same fashion you would apply a standard joint compound: in a smooth even fashion leaving a wet edge to avoid lap marks. While the plaster is still moist, it is recommended to use a wet sponge or a plastic float to create a more uniform design. Allow at least 12 hours to dry.
Second coat - If required to smooth, lightly sand first coat with 180-320 grit sandpaper before proceeding. Apply second coat in the same manner as first coat. While Firenze ™ is still moist, it is recommended to use a wet sponge or a plastic float to create a more uniform design. Avoid formation of dark trowel marks.
Tinting: Tonachino Firenze™ can be tinted to any color using Universal tints or machine colorants. It is recommended to use Meoded natural concentrated pigments.
Coverage: 20 kg 90-200 sq. ft. for two coats; depending on surface and texture.
Sealer: After a minimum of 48 hours dry, Water Block™, a water-repellent sealer is recommended to provide your finish with protection from moisture and dirt.